A cornerstone of the firm’s practice includes representing healthcare providers facing issues related to hospital privileges and credentialing. To that end, Athan regularly advises physicians, surgeons, and other healthcare providers in connection with:
- Disciplinary hearings and investigations, including before state medical boards/commissions;
- Hospital peer review, including pushing back against sham peer review; and
- Medical staff privileges and credentialing issues, including issues involving reporting to the National Provider Data Bank (NPDB) and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Athan also represents providers in disputes and proceedings before professional licensing boards, including the American Board of Neurological Surgery (ABNS).
Athan Law also advises professionals navigating a wide array of employment and workplace-related issues, including:
- Workplace investigations;
- Employment disputes, e.g., compensation and benefits issues; and
- Separation agreements/exit packages.